Welcome to The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast. On this episode of the show, Mike Sempervive returns alongside Roman Gomez, to take a look at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from August 7 1982, featuring:
* Roddy Piper is stabbed in Raleigh; makes television the next day. We sift through both the fact and the fiction, including his imminent babyface turn, what the papers reported, what was said on TV – including a key angle on WTBS – and Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s spin on it all.
* We have two major championship changes, as Jack Brisco and Jimmy Valiant have claimed the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight and Television titles, respectively.
* Inserted promos spoil Sgt. Slaughter’s upcoming suspension exploits in Hawai’i (aka New Japan) and Paul Jones’ heel turn.
* As a bonus, straight from the personal archives of Dick Bourne, you’ll hear a frustrated Jim Crockett Jr resign as President of the NWA, and get the details on very special edition of the next podcast!
* Plus, important results from around the circuit, incredible promos, and so much more on another exciting edition of the Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast!
The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS