Welcome to The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast. On this episode of the show, Mike Sempervive returns to take a look at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from February 19, 1983, featuring:
* This begins several weeks of programming that’s unavailable on Peacock or the WWE Network. But, we have you covered through the magic of an original VHS recording.
* The Road to Greensboro is made official on today’s show. The fines have been paid, and we watch the contracts get signed – after one very important addendum was added that would have ripple effects on the promotion over the next two years.
* Jimmy Valiant’s hair is in the crosshairs of the House of Humperdink, when an unexpected friend of the Boogie Woogie Man debuts to make the save.
* What starts as a quiet debut in the area for Ricky Morton turns into an example of “how to make a young wrestler in one night,” by Dory Funk Jr and Dick Slater.
* Very important localized promos from Richmond where the tea leaves reveal some drama in the futures of Greg Valentine, Ric Flair, Mike Rotundo and Jack Brisco.
* Plus, tons of historical context, important results from around the circuit, incredible promos, and so much more on another exciting edition of the Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast!
Find us online at midatlanticpod.com and follow along with us on Twitter: @midatlanticpod. Consider supporting the show via Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/midatlanticpodcast
The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network.