Welcome to The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast. On this episode of the show, Mike Sempervive and Roman Gomez return to take a look at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from February 12, 1983, featuring:
* We see the chaos that took place between the teams of Sgt Slaughter & Don Kernodle and Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood, from last Saturday night, at the Greensboro Coliseum. The fallout of the match sends shockwaves through the promotion, as the National Wrestling Alliance declares it’s finally had enough.
* “Are you a boy or a man?” New Mid-Atlantic heavyweight champion Dory Funk Jr, his new manager Paul Jones and the Unpredictable Dick Slater conspire against young Mike Rotundo.
* Via the magic of videotape, Terry Funk is in action against Jerry Gray, as he demonstrates the dangers of a bunkhouse match for the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.
* The winds of change are blowing, as Gary Hart appears on the show to give an update on The Great Kabuki and announce that he’s scouting new talent.
* Sweet Brown Sugar and Dizzy Hogan continue to be established as the new mid-card babyface team.
* Plus, tons of historical context, important results from around the circuit, incredible promos, and so much more on another exciting edition of the Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast!
Find us online at midatlanticpod.com and follow along with us on Twitter: @midatlanticpod. Consider supporting the show via Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/midatlanticpodcast
The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network.