Welcome to The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast. On this episode of the show, Mike Sempervive returns alongside Roman Gomez, to take a look at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from November 20, 1982, featuring:
* Tons of footage from the big Charlotte Coliseum house show on November 12, including Sergeant Slaughter and Don Kernodle injuring Jay Youngblood so badly that the tape needed to be censored for television.
* In a match not announced, nor emphasized, Dory Funk Jr puts up his $100,000 against fellow former NWA World heavyweight champion Jack Brisco – who is also still chasing another old rival: Mid-Atlantic champion Paul Jones.
* Fresh off a highly successful New Japan tour, Bob Orton Jr entered Jim Crockett Promotions with a helping hand extended for Roddy Piper in his battles against the House of Humperdink.
* Relentless upstart Mike Rotundo continues to try and climb over the mountain that is Bad Leroy Brown.
* A battery of names are again announced as coming into the area, including the addition of two more former NWA World heavyweight champions.
* Plus, tons of historical context, important results from around the circuit, incredible promos, and so much more on another exciting edition of the Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast!
The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS