Welcome to The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast. On this episode of the show, Mike Sempervive returns to take a look at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from November 27, 1982, featuring:
* Roddy Piper has a lot more to deal with than the House of Humperdink, as he gets his face ground into the concrete by Ric Flair and Greg Valentine – starting a feud with The Hammer that wouldn’t be settled for another year.
* Sgt. Slaughter watches the infamous censored videotape of he and Don Kernodle’s bout against Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood, which left Youngblood nursing a serious neck injury.
* Mid-Atlantic Champion Paul Jones harkens back to a famous Florida angle, and continues to fend off the challenge of his longtime rival Jack Brisco.
* The ascensions of Mike Rotundo and Cowboy Bob Orton continue on the babyface side of the ledger.
* Roddy Piper introduces “Piper’s Palace,” in a segment which makes whatever the annual cost of the Network is completely worth it.
* Plus, tons of historical context, important results from around the circuit, incredible promos, and so much more on another exciting edition of the Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast!
The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network.