Welcome to The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast. On this episode of the show, Mike Sempervive and Roman Gomez return to take a look at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from February 5, 1983, featuring:
* Lots of footage from “a large southern arena” – which looks exactly like Charlotte’s Coliseum on January 30 – where Roddy Piper and Dusty Rhodes joined forces, Jack Brisco faced Dory Funk Jr, and Greg Valentine battled the mysterious masked man known as The Champ.
* Terry Funk doesn’t like yankees from New York City, and he has some less than desirable plans for the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.
* Still being kept separate from each other inside the television studio, the war between Sgt Slaughter and Don Kernodle against Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood continues to rage.
* Number One Paul Jones has refashioned his look, as he begins his transition into a new endeavor.
* Plus, tons of historical context, important results from around the circuit, incredible promos, and so much more on another exciting edition of the Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast!
Find us online at midatlanticpod.com and follow along with us on Twitter: @midatlanticpod. Consider supporting the show via Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/midatlanticpodcast
The Mid-Atlantic Championship Podcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS